Monday, April 30, 2007

My last post from civilization...

Well I've gone over everything on all my checklists and I've got everything packed and ready. I guess you could call this the proverbial "calm before the storm". I am down the street from the house I grew up in, at a small coffee house enjoying an awesome cup of "Jamaican me crazy" coffee. It may be my last really good coffee for a while. When I get home, I'm going to enjoy a nice cold beer before I go to bed. It might also be last one of those in a while too.

I have to admit...I am a bit conflicted. Part of me is very excited to be starting this amazing challenge...while part of me is reluctant to leave family and friends. I have to think with a "half-full" mentality or I'm not going to make it longer than a week.

....So with that being said: This is a chance of a lifetime and I'm going to go into it excited.

The next time you here from me, will either be from the trail, or after I get back.



Wish me luck.....

No comments: