Friday, August 21, 2009

In beautiful Leadville!

Well I made it here to Leadville yesterday and had a loaded up carb dinner last night. I met up with Elizabeth, and we talked a little about the"crewing" set up. This morning I have my first medical check in and the big mandatory meeting. I heard last night that a military helicopter crashed near the course and it's forcing the race directors to reroute some of the official course. This means that anyone attempting the "course record", will be running a different course than Matt Carpenter broke the record on . I'll find out about this reroute and comment on it later.

I'm staying at the Hostel in town again (stayed here last year while thru-hiking the Colorado Trail) and everyone is great. I meant Duncan Callahan, who is also staying here (Last year's winner) and he's looking forward to another great race. He'll have some stiff competition this year as Anton is shooting for a record time as well. I've also seen Karl Meltzer wandering around but don't know if he's running or not.

I've got to get showered up and head out to my meetings, so I'll check in later.....


No comments: