Tuesday, April 13, 2010

PCT Prep Update #5: One Week Until it all Begins

PCT Elevation Profile

In a week I'll be heading back to Rochester, with what will be my first step towards starting my trek along the PCT.  All gear is now purchased, and all that remains is to pack my post office boxes, my bounce box, and my backpack itself.  I have a solid day's worth of work to do.

I am eager, but still patient.  

"The mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

"Hold Still, regain your love of life and go down from this mountain and simply be. be the infinite fertilities of the one mind of infinity, make no comments, complaints, criticisms, appraisals, avowals, sayings, shooting stars of thought, just flow...flow....be you all, be you what it is, it is only what it always is. So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry....." -Jack Kerouac


1 comment:

Jeremiah said...

wow, what an elevation profile! Cant wait till your adventures start next week! Happy hiking!

God bless,
Shepherd

p.s. Very cool idea about carrying the water and the sand! I wonder how that water will look to you in the middle of the desert though! ;O)