Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 67: South Lake Tahoe / Thanks Eliza!

Location: SLT: Another Zero

Ok so, today was a completely unintentional zero day. Bojangles and I
were supposed to head out after lunch with crowdog, but ended up
staying. No biggy. We leave at 6 am tomorrow.

I could talk about tahoe, or the snow, or how badly I miss people from
home...but I'm not going to. Instead I'm going to talk about
something very cool a friend of mine did. Eliza Murphy, someone I met
through ultrarunning and my blog, did something very kind with respect
to my pct hike. I've talked before about my charity website. Part of
the reason I'm out here trudging through snow is to raise money for
the American heart association, in memory of my late father. First
off, eliza was kind enough to put a huge banner on her "ultrarunning
guy" comic blog site for me. I was extremely grateful for this.
Well, it gets better. I received an email from her today saying that
she registered the domain name WWW.HIKE4DAD.COM to my charity site!
How awesome is that?! Now I can give people a simple site to
remember, and hopefully get the word out there a little better.

So thank you eliza, and I am forever grateful for your gifts. The
world needs more people like you.

So...check it out...
www.hike4dad.com

3 comments:

Eliza Ralph-Murphy said...

John,
I hope it helps. It was only $10 and I had a coupon; )

It would be great if everyone who read this would donated $10 to the fund and help get John to the $1000milestone before he is out of California.

Also John, I don't know if you are aware but Chris from "Finger Lakes 50's" also has a link to the memorial page on the races website.
http://fl50sultraz.blogspot.com/
The race is next weekend.

Carri Westbrook said...

I just want to say thank you to Eliza for setting up the hike4dad.com. I am John's sitter and am very proud of him for all he is doing and I know that our dad would be very proud of him. It is nice to know that there are still great people out there. Thank you again.
Carri

Tom Brucia said...

Thanks for the 'kick in the pants' via hike4dad.com .