Sunday, July 17, 2011

Vermont 100 Quick Result Update - 21hrs 48 mins


As was made famous by the movie "Princess Bride" - lets go for the short-short version:

-I'm alive.

-The event was a huge success: great people, great staff, awesome volunteers.

-I finished my second running of the VT100 in 21 hrs 48 mins, beating my old time by an hour and a half. I don't know any stats yet.

-The race went well overall...no major issues or blowouts.

-Full report to follow in a day or so

-I'm quite literally falling asleep at a highway rest-stop somewhere in ny.....

5 comments:

Sara Montgomery said...

Nice!! Congratulations!

R A said...

Congrats!! Drive safe -- will look forward to your report.

Wendy said...

Congratulations! Have a nice nap. (Thanks for updating just before falling alseep. Peoples are glad to know how it went :-D )

Derrick said...

Good stuff. Congrats. Must have been hot!

UltraChris said...

Way to go, John! Asleep at a rest station? I thought for sure you would fall asleep at the brunch table, so kudos for making it that far! And ... The Princess Bride ... classic ... one of my all time favorite movies! You're not dead; you're only mostly dead! Now go kill Leadville!